More visitors leads to more leads. If you are struggling with increasing traffic on your website, there are some easy things that you can do to improve your site’s traffic and rank higher in the search engines. Here we’ll share ten ways that you can help get your site out there and move it up in the SERPs (Search Engine Result Pages).
1. accessiBe – The accessiBe WordPress plugin helps you make your site more accessible to people with disabilities. Even if you are not targeting users of assistive technologies, there are cases where this would be beneficial.
2. Site Map – If your website has lots of content, it’s really helpful to have a sitemap available for visitors and search engines alike. Having a sitemap will help search engines find new pages on your site and thus improve the crawl rate and indexation of those pages
3. RSS Feeds – Visitors can subscribe to your blog posts via RSS feeds, which means they don’t need to constantly come back to check whether or not you’ve updated your website since they last visited it. The more RSS subscribers you have, the greater the chances that they will share your content and thus improve traffic to your site.
4. Social Media Integration – The more popular social media sites your website appears on, and the better those profiles are optimized, the more people will see it and potentially link to it as well.
5. Make Sure Your Site Is Mobile-Friendly – This is one of the factors used by Google in mobile search results. Don’t think that all your potential customers use desktop devices; keep this factor in mind as you develop your website’s presence online.
6. Get Listed In Local Directories – If you’re a plumber, for example, say so! Get listed under local directories like yp.com or yellowpages.com. If people can find you through these online directories, they’ll be more likely to call you up for services.
7. Get Listed On Industry Specific Directories – Not only do you need to get listed on general web directories but industry-specific ones as well. Who knows, maybe one of your customers will look for a similar service that you offer and then end up calling you up because of your directory listing! It’s great exposure at no cost to you!
8. Don’t Use Flash – Search engines typically can’t crawl flash content, so if this is what your website mostly consists of, Google won’t even know about it or be able to index it!
9. Optimize Your Images – No one likes waiting for images to load! Use the best format for your images: JPEG is usually the best option because it’s an image compression algorithm that doesn’t degrade quality much. PNG comes in second place, but larger file sizes mean more waiting time for visitors
10. Optimize Your Title Tags – Make sure that your title tags contain relevant keywords and are not too long (between 55-65 characters is recommended). The right title tag can go a long way toward improving traffic to your site!
Do you have any questions about this article? Click here to contact us today.
Leave a Reply