The pandemic took a toll on everyone, not just physically, but emotionally, economically, and spiritually, as well. Society, in general, took an enormous financial hit, and many small businesses had to close their doors. Now that restrictions are lifting, isn’t it time to do your part to support your local businesses?
A great way to keep the hard-working entrepreneurs who own these businesses in thrive mode, as opposed to simply survival mode, is by taking advantage of purchasing the gift cards that they offer. Use them yourself, and also gift them to other people for the various special occasions that are always springing up.
You might not realize the extent of good-will, you can pass along right to your local community, by purchasing gift cards. Look for incentives like rebates, earning cash back, and ‘buy in bulk’ discounts. Purchasing and using a gift card, within your own community, will help your town to prosper once again.
A gift card can be purchased for just about any type of business in your community. Business owners will thank you!
Let’s Not Forget to Patronize these Local Enterprises
- Restaurants – Chain restaurants are likely doing quite well, so don’t forget about the smaller, independent restaurants, which rely heavily on a community’s residents to keep them afloat.
- Barbershops – This type of business was hit hard during the pandemic. While masks and social distancing may still be required, dropping into your local barbershop for a shave, and a cut, will be highly valued!
- Salons and Spas – Like barbershops, businesses that rely on human-to-human contact, were hit the hardest during the pandemic. Now that they are able to reopen, why not spend a little bit extra, and treat yourself, and a friend, to a manicure, and a massage.
- Dog Groomers – It’s been a long year of being cooped up for everyone, including Fluffy and Fido. Get them professionally bathed, trimmed, bug-protected, and pampered, by patronizing your local dog groomers.
- Auto Detailing – Now that we can get back into our vehicles again, to experience that long, satisfying road trip, why not spiff up your ride with a new, waxed and shiny look, or thorough clean and gleaming, total detailing package?
- Grocery Stores – Purchasing an eGift card for a local, or chain grocery store, in your area, as a gift, will help these stores stay stocked with everything you and your community need.
- Farm Markets – Now that the warm weather is in full swing, it’s time to head to the farm markets. Gift cards for farm markets make excellent presents, as they not only encourage people to buy locally grown fruit, vegetables, and plants; they also encourage people to get out into their yards and gardens.
- Car Washes & Gas Stations – It’s the perfect time to wash all of winter’s dirty grime from your car, and continually keep it clean. Gas prices generally rise during the summer, making a gas station Visa gift card especially useful for friends and family.
- Fast Food Patronage – Who doesn’t crave a few crispy fries every now and again? We’re all guilty of giving into the call of the sesame seed bun, and a delicious, thick chocolate shake, once in a while.
- Boutiques – Specialized shops like boutiques are more likely to be locally owned, so when you spend your hard-earned money there, instead of a chain store, you’re giving back to the owner, and the community.
- Flower Shops – There’s always a reason to give flowers: graduation celebrations, birthdays, and just to say, “I love you.”
- Pizza Places – You’ll be hard pressed to find someone who doesn’t love pizza. Did you know that every second, Americans eat 350 slices of pizza? That’s a lot of pie. A gift card for a locally owned pizza place, will never leave you feeling hungry.
- Local Breweries – More craft breweries are popping up around the nation. Generally, they are run by individuals with a deep passion and appreciation for the art. Fostering growth in local breweries, helps encourage healthy competition, and the development of new taste treats.
- Jewelry Stores – Visa gift cards to jewelry stores make tremendous gifts for daughters just graduating high school, or college, or for her or him, for birthdays, promotions, and anniversaries.
- Tailors – Let’s face it; none of us are terribly good with a needle and thread, so why not leave it to the professionals? Patronizing local tailors will help them stay in business, and will keep you looking spiffy.
A gift card is an investment in the faith you have in your community. It’s about helping out neighbors, and loved ones, and watering the garden in your own backyard. Local businesses, having struggled for so long over this past year, are likely offering shiny new incentives to get the ball rolling again. Check them out, and feel, look, and eat good, while doing it!