No or faulty air conditioners mean worsened sticky, sweating, uncomfortable, and unbearable heat. No one wants that, but what if the problem arises from a faulty AC in need of AC repairs services. Keep reading to find out the 10 red flags on how to know if you need AC repairs services.
The air conditioner is a type of heating and cooling system that aims to provide cool air where installed. The simple operating theory guiding the workings of the air conditioner aims to provide cool air through the sheet metal ductwork through a process that sucks out the warm air by removing its heat content, which is then replaced by the cooler air.
According to research conducted by WarnerServices, 42% of homeowners reach out to professionals for a routine maintenance check on their air conditioner, and air conditioners that go through this regular HVAC maintenance last for 40% longer.
The air conditioning system has proven over the years to be important in providing comfort as cool as it gets. This article aims to provide you with the proper knowledge to know if your air conditioner is failing directly from our AC repair professionals in the industry. Be sure to visit sugarlandacrepairservices.com
Lifespan of Air Conditioning Systems
It has been observed that modern air conditioners last between 15-20 years instead of older air conditioners that last around 10-12 years.
A healthy and efficient air conditioner depends on various factors revolving around proper and timely maintenance of the air conditioner. So how long your air conditioner lasts solely depends on how well your air conditioner is maintained.
Like all machines, the air conditioner has a definite life span. Lots of factors play a significant role in reducing the lifespan of the air conditioner. The ten red flags of AC repair services you need to pay attention are highlighted below:
- Thermostat Malfunction: When your air conditioner unit starts to give out the wrong thermostat reading, your air conditioner has developed faults and needs urgent repair to correct this abnormality.
- Unusual Loud Noise: The slow humming noise of your air conditioner turned loud, unbearable noise is a critical sign your air conditioner needs repair.
- Unpleasant Smell: If your air conditioner gives out a filthy, unpleasant smell, then it urgently needs looking at.
- Humidity Issues: High humidity from your air conditioner is one of the significant signs your air conditioner needs urgent attention.
- Leakages around the Air Conditioning Unit: Water or Neon often leaks out from your air conditioner. These liquids and gas are refrigerants that help to cool air. If this is observed in your air conditioner, urgent repairs are needed.
- Insufficient Air Flow: When the air flowing out of your air conditioner becomes low, this may imply that your air conditioner has developed a fault and needs urgent repair to increase airflow.
- Spike in Utility Costs: An unexpected increase in the amount of electricity consumed by your air conditioner implies that your air conditioner needs urgent repair to cut costs.
- Age of the System: If your air conditioner is slowly reaching the expected optimum performance age, major repair works are expected to be carried out to keep it in good working condition until it is replaced.
- Frequent Cycles: The occasional turning on and of your air conditioner when frequented implies that your air conditioner might have developed a severe fault.
- Warm Air: If your air conditioner vents our warm air instead of cool air, this is a sign that it needs repair.
How Do You Know Your AC Is Dying?
- Lack of Dehumidification: If your air conditioner fails to humidity your environment, it is slowly failing. This can be evident by the presence of fogs on windows.
- Old Age: If your air conditioner is slowly reaching the expected time frame of optimum performance, then your air conditioner is gradually seeing its last days.
- Improper Use: Running your air conditioner all day consecutively over a long period without rest can eventually lead to the failure of your air conditioner.
Signs You Need a New AC System
- Unbearable Loud Noises: When the soft humming noise of your air conditioner is replaced by a blatant, unpleasant noise, then it’s about time you part ways with your air conditioner as the satisfaction of your comfort has been violated.
- Heat: If your air conditioner vents out hot air against the cool air expected of it, this is a severe sign that you should consider replacing it as it no longer serves its purpose.
- High cost of repairs: If your air conditioner is guilty of occasionally coming up with faults that need repairs, then you should consider replacing it. As the overhead cost of repair will eventually be far greater than the cost of replacement.
How do I know if my AC Compressor is weak?
The AC compressor is the part of the air conditioning system that controls the circulation of the refrigerant in the system under pressure. Some of the signs of a weak compressor are highlighted below:
- Unusual Sounds Developing into Noise: Unusual sounds often sound like trouble. The usual sound your air conditioner makes is a low humming noise while running. Any ticking sound might mean your compressor is finding it difficult to turn on and off. This means your electrical relay is failing. Also, a rattling sound most likely implies the motor that sends out the cool air is loose.
- Less Air Flow: Less airflow coming out from your air conditioner vents implies a weak compressor.
- Warmer Air Flow: If your air conditioner vents out warm air rather than the expected cool air, this might mean your refrigerant is leaking, and this weakens the compressor.
Need AC Repair Services ASAP? Start Here with Our Team.
As crucial as a cooling system is, lack of proper and timely maintenance can make the satisfaction of your air conditioner dissatisfying. Perfect air conditioning systems don’t exist. Sadly your air conditioner will require repairs, and you need to know how to determine if and when it needs repairs.
This helps to prevent the problem from escalating further and saves you considerable repair costs. So watch out for the signs and contact your repairer if the need arises. Proper maintenance indeed prevents poor performance.
Leave a Reply