If you are unhappy with your current employment, or you are about to enter the job market and are looking for a challenging and rewarding career, you could do a lot worse than becoming a qualified personal trainer. There are fitness training centres that offer courses that lead to becoming a qualified personal trainer and what’s more, you can study online. Here are a few of the reasons why becoming a personal trainer is worth the effort.
- High Demand – Many people understand that with a personal trainer, you will achieve your fitness goals, therefore qualified personal trainers are always in demand. If you start by taking the Level 2 Gym Instructing course, you can then get your Level 3 PT Diploma and that means you are qualified to work as a personal trainer.
- Freedom to Work Independently – When you become a qualified personal trainer, you can work for a fitness centre or you could offer your services on a freelance basis and after a year or two of work experience, you could apply for a job on a cruise liner as a personal trainer. Once qualified, the world is your oyster and if you love travelling, your diploma gets you work anywhere.
- Job Satisfaction – There is a tremendous degree of job satisfaction when you turn someone’s life around by helping them to achieve their fitness targets and over the years, you would no doubt have some very inspiring stories to share with your grandkids. People usually turn to a personal trainer when they have consistently failed to get fit using other methods, as the trainer is with you every step of the way, much like a mentor. Here are a few good reasons to move into the healthcare sector, which is currently booming.
- Healthy Lifestyle – We’ve never heard of a personal trainer who wasn’t extremely fit and in tip-top condition, after all, your livelihood depends on it. It makes perfect sense to keep your body in great shape, as only then will you inspire others to have faith in you and your abilities as a personal trainer. Putting it another way, your own physical fitness is a reflection of your ability as a trainer and people will expect to see a personal trainer who is ripped.
- Meeting People – When you work as a personal trainer, you will meet many people and some of your clients will become good friends. Imagine a job where you are making connections with all kinds of people, all with a common goal; to achieve their desired level of fitness. Your job is to evaluate the client’s fitness levels, help them set achievable goals and guide them towards reaching those goals, plus you can develop a meaningful relationship with your clients. Click here for UK government advice about being self-employed.
If you are fit and healthy, enjoy meeting people and like to help, becoming a personal trainer is a great career path with a lot of prospects, plus you can work in any part of the world, as you have the qualifications to be a personal trainer.