Rajasthan in north western part of India is a famous one for its forts, palaces, rich tradition, and historical monuments. Apart from that, it covers large wildlife sanctuaries for those who want to take a safari ride. Ranthambore National Park, located in Sawai Madhapur district, is one among them which attracts a lot of visitors from various parts of India. It is 180 km away from Jaipur and travellers can reach the park within 3 to 4 hours. The park holds a prominent place in the wildlife tourism allowing tourists to explore animals in a natural environment.
Ranthambore boasts of historic places, temples, and lakes enabling visitors to ensure complete excitement. Located at the foothills of Aravalli and Vindhya ranges, it is a perfect gateway for enjoying weekend and holidays.
Things to do in Ranthambore
1. Tiger trail
Ranthambore is a famous one for its tiger reserves and visitors can see Royal Bengal Tigers since it is a habitat for them. The tiger reserve in the park has 10 tourism zones allowing visitors to go for a safari ride in the thick forests. It has a good network of safari tracks enabling travellers to spot tigers or other animals from a jeep. Tourists can find tigers walking and taking rest on the tracks.
2. Kachida Valley
Kachida valley, located at the outskirts of the park, consists of many rocky outcrops. The valley is mostly inhibited by bears and panthers and visitors can view them around the picturesque landscape. It is home to varied fauna and flora enabling travellers to access deer and other animals. Wildlife lovers should visit the valley for experiencing more adventure on a trip.
3. Lakarda and Anantpura
Wildlife enthusiasts should make a visit to Lakarda and Anantpura because they allow visitors to see the pugmarks of Indian striped hyenas. However, their numbers are only a few in the park and travellers can see them rarely. One can even find a large number of sloth bears here. Located in the northern and north western regions of the park, visitors should add this place while making a trip.
4. Padam Talab
Padam Talab is a largest lake located in the national park which is well-known for its thick greenery and hillocks. The lake got its name due to the huge presence of lilies and visitors can see them in plenty when visiting the same. It is possible to see numerous animals during early mornings and evenings. Travellers can also see chinkara on the lakeside when they are lucky.
5. Ranthambore Fort
Ranthambore Fort stands majestically atop a hill and visitors can reach the same by walking or trekking. It offers many interesting architectural and historical sights allowing visitors to enjoy a trip accordingly. One can see the soaring eagles, vultures, and other birds at the eye level while making a trip to the fort. Another thing is that travellers can view the movements of animals along the edges of the water bodies.
Travel tips to Ranthambore
1. Those who want to make a trip to Ranthambore national park should wear totally sober clothes with eco-friendly dyes. Animals get frightened when they see dresses with shiny colours. Therefore, it is necessary to wear the dresses that suit a season.
2. Visitors should bring essential equipment such as sunglasses, binoculars, water bottles, sunscreen lotion, mosquito repellent, hat, and shoes. The park allows travellers to take photographs with digital devices and they should keep some additional set of batteries in their bag.
3. The park has three main seasons-summer, winter, and the monsoon. Summer and winter seasons are the best time to visit the park allowing visitors to get more excitement.
4. Tourists should maintain silence inside the park and abide by the rules and regulations. It is also advisable for them to show respect for the inhabitants in the park.
5. It is imperative to maintain a distance from animals while making a safari ride. Tourists should park their vehicles inly in parking areas and road lay-offs. They should take care of their children with attention to eliminate potential threats.
6. Visitors shouldn’t blow the car horn and make loud conversations in the park because they are strictly prohibited. Another thing is that animals will get disturbed by those activities and run away from a place immediately.
7. One can feed the wild animals with natural foods and junk foods can change their food habits. Therefore, it is necessary to avoid them while making a trip to the park.
8. Tourists should enter the park before sunrise or after the sunset for viewing a wide range of animals. Over speeding of vehicles, playing music, overstaying, throwing stones on animals, polythene bags, and tetra packs are not allowed inside the park.
9. Visitors should avoid standing up when they are close to tigers because they see as a threat and they strike back at the visitors. Smoking, overtaking, littering, honking, fishing, and cooking are not allowed inside the park.
Where to stay in Ranthambore National Park?
There are several resorts available near the Ranthambore National Park that offers excellent amnesties for tourists. They are a suitable one for those who want to spend their vacation with their family and children in a comfortable environment. The resorts in Ranthambore involve different types allowing guests to relax their body and mind accordingly. Apart from that, they provide ways to create the best memories on a trip.
One can book best resorts in Ranthambore online after comparing the prices from several hotel websites. On the other hand, it is advisable to read the instructions properly including cancellation policies before booking a resort. Most resorts offer outstanding amenities to tourists such as spa, gym, swimming pool, meditation centre, recreational facilities, and so on. It is a wise one to read reviews of hotel websites with special attention for choosing the right one among them depending on then requirements. Resorts also offer heavy discounts on packages allowing visitors to save more money while planning a trip to the park.